For Step by Step Instructions with Pictures click HERE.
1. Download Google Earth on your computer if you don’t already have it, download from Google.
Note: If RuckMapping.com doesn’t load correctly (which it tends to do in Internet Explorer, click on home on the top menu)
2. Click on Agree and Download (uncheck Install Google Chrome at top if wanted). Once downloaded, run the file to install Google Earth.
Note – If download doesn’t work (it is known for having problems with Internet Explorer, try a different browser i.e. Google Chrome or Firefox or click on the link that says “Your download should start automatically. If it doesn’t, please click here.”
3. Click on Download Sample. File will either automatically download or bring you to another screen depending on which browser you're using. Open the file (it should automatically open with Google Earth, but if it doesn't pick to open with Google Earth.)
4. Google Earth should automatically open after you click on the file, this sample is only the state of Washington and you can see the rail lines in WA.
5. You can zoom in by scrolling up on your mouse over the area you want to zoom in on. Left click on the rail line to have the line’s information pop up.
6. Right click on the WA railroad file and click Save to My Places. This will make it so that next time you open up Google Earth this file will already be loaded under “My Places”.
For any questions, email email@example.com